All of Compass Point Learning's tutors adhere to the National Association of Tutoring's Code of Ethics:
THE NATIONAL TUTORING ASSOCIATION CODE OF ETHICS
- I understand that my role as a tutor is to never do the student's work for him or her.
- I will give honest feedback to the student I serve and will not insult my student with false hope or empty flattery; I will always demonstrate faith in my student's learning abilities.
- I understand that my relationship to the student is professional and not personal.
- I will show respect for my student's cultural background and personal value system.
- I recognize that I may not have all the answers to student questions. In this event, I will seek assistance in finding answers to the student's questions and/or direct the student to an appropriate resource for the information.
- I will maintain accurate records of tutoring sessions as expected and required.
- I will respect my student's personal dignity at all times.
- I will be on time for tutoring appointments, not only out of courtesy, but to be a good example for my student to follow.
- I will keep all information about the student whom I am assigned confidential.
- I understand that my ultimate goal is to assist my student in learning how he or she best learns and to help my student develop the skills to achieve his or her best, most efficient learning.
- I will share any concerns I have with my supervisor.
- I expect to learn along with my student.
- I will keep current in both my subject area(s) and learning methodologies.
- I will remain flexible to my approach to student learning, respectful of the various learning styles.
- I will share techniques for improved study skills with my students.
Compass Point Learning, L.L.C.
PROFESSIONAL TUTORING & EDUCATIONAL SERVICES
Oak Park & River Forest
We guide students along their own path.